Friday 16 April 2010

Paper from Kuala Lumpur

Ruth has brought three of the papers she bought for me in KL - five sheets of each  design. They are very heavy because each sheet is thick printed cotton mounted on heavy-duty paper. I have been careful with the scale in the photo and the designs are correct relative to each other. The yellow/orange one has a large repeat and will have to be used carefully. They are all intended for book covers.

I spent the morning sitting around in Worcester Royal Infirmary (WRI) and thought about a draft for caladium leaves. I think I can see how to do to  but have yet to try it out. The only thing I have done towards anything today is  to sand down the piece of sycamore I am going to use with Michael's larger enamels. Just needs a bit more of the finest grade sand paper tomorrow.  I don't fancy sawing the piece up but Michael says we ought to be able to cut it with a knife. It is only 2 mm thick.

Ruth is supposed to be leaving for KL tomorrow night but the volcanic ash might put a stop to that. We won't know until tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.