Wednesday 14 April 2010

Exasperated Then, Happy Now

Sandra Rude's blog is one of those I read regularly. She has a Jacquard and her designs are foliage - trees, leaves, flowers. For the last few, I have been mesmerised by one of her pieces based on coleus leaves. (I love caladium leaves more but these are very special). Anyway one of her recent blogs mentioned that she had sold a lot of weavings at CNCH but not the coleus one. It was too much for me so I asked how much and am about to pay for it!! 

All I have to do now is decided where to hang it!! I wonder if she has ever thought of doing caladium leaves?

I got some documents from Bonnie Inouye on using Fibreworks  for complicated drafts. The notes  are wonderfully clear and useful. I got the hang of the procedure quickly and have produced a caladium leaf draft myself!! But I am sure that I can do better and will show a draft when I have played with it a bit more, especially the colours.

I have read and re-read all the paperwork for submitting my yardage to Convergence. I need to work out whether they will tolerate a strip of nylon organza to back up the top hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.