Monday 12 March 2018

Copenhagen 2

I am hanging around in the hotel. We leave for the airport in an hour and I have already walked my feet off taking photos this morning. We have seen two operas, one so-so and the other top notch. And all the meals have been more than good. A lot of fish. 

Yesterday we had a tour backstage of the opera house. Because we were going straight on to lunch and a performance, I did not take my camera which I stantly regretted. Very interesting. Highly computerised. Afterwards we went fr dnner down at a by f the ducks we had not been and I went back the morning to take photos. This is the area where the sailing ships are kept although at the moment they are all frozen in. I saw a man breaking up the ice round his ship and it was several inches thick.  He was using a heavy cylinder of wood about three foot long and banging it up and down. I do not see the point unless the ice does the ship a damage. He could not get out past all the other frozen up ships. 


Seen at the Design Centre  I really fancy this. But it is probably too expensive for me.


Also seen at the Design Centre. Two partly transparent textiles with different designs on and mounted about four inches apart. I have shown a close up of a detail but the whole thing shimmers as the fabric  moves. A thought for the future. I am definitely going back to experimentation. I'm bored with twill patterns.



This is on the quay side across the river from the opera house. An installation? A happening? The thing is - it sings or at any rate, it makes noises as you walk through it and there are lights in the small horizontal sections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.