Thursday 1 February 2018

Iceland Day 4

In the morning we went to the big geothermal station where there are lots of lovely industrial building. But it snowed and the wind blew and, although I took 73 photos, I deleted the lot in the evening. We returned to base for lunch, hot soup and bread and cheese. Then out to a local lava field where we wandered about for a couple of hours. By this time, the snow had stopped and there was even a little blue sky. The problem is that once you have taken a few photos of black shapes in snow, that is it. 



Ruth is having the same problem. Yesterday I solved it by taking pictures of birch trees. And I think they are much better. We had wonderful trout last night for supper. I think it must have been salmon trout because it was as big as a sizeable salmon. And the locals smoke trout as well as lamb. We get them for breakfast along with boiled eggs, do-it-yourself waffles etc etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.