Sunday, 27 March 2016


I took a bus tour to Keukenhof and we did pass through some bulb fields although the tulips are not out yet. All very grand, totally free of weeds and redesigned every year. There are several enormous greenhouses. One full of orchids, one full of flower arrangements and one very large with early tulips in it, not to mention daffodils, crocuses, et cetera. A bit spoiled by a nasty icy wind. I took a very large number of photographs, including one which is worthy of the camera club. What was interesting is that 95% of those present were only interested in selfies against a few flowers. Not at interested in the flowers themselves. The other 5% had monster telephoto lens and were into photography as art. I have to admit that even I got down on my tummy to get close ups. A bit of a struggle getting up again but what does it matter if you look ungainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.