Monday 21 March 2016

Things

I have been busy lately, finished the piece on the Kombo for the fan reed book, got on with tidying up and preparing for the operation. You might think I was frittering my time but I have had a good time. Last Saturday I went to an exhibition on sewing in the big exhibition halls at Birmingham. I went with my daughter, Ruth, and, of course, we bought lengths of material we did not really need. I must get on with my red velvet cardigan jacket and in deed I tacked everything together today. On Sunday, I took my grandson, Alex, to the Photography Show but it was a waste of time. The show was aimed at professional photographers. Hilarious stands! Several devoted to selling props for photos of very new babies. Ditto for weddings. Quite a lot of fancy holidays including safaris. But basically boring.

But as Alex told his Mum, we had a great time sitting outside Hall 1, watching the attendees at Comicon, see below. Lots of people obviously come dressed up!





Today Dorothy and I went to Wisley, saw lots of desirable plants, bought some and came home happy.


These are wrapped up banana plants. Quite scupltural






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.