Friday 8 May 2015

Samples Completed

The lampas samples have been finished, cut off, labelled and tidied up. All neatly seamed. I have written up the samples too - AND tidied up the loom, put it away, put away the boxes of yarn and generally been good.
 
A sample with several different thicknesses of pattern yarn. The warp is in 10/2 cotton. I would love to do lampas with satin in main and secondary warps but that will need the Megado and I am not progressing with that at the moment.
 
What I have done this week  is to get rid of three  single beds - and some of the associated bedding. This required two trips to the tip with the Mondeo stacked to the roof with 'stuff'. The garage got cleared out at the same time. Now I need to inventory the linen I have and get rid of some of it. That is next week's job.
 
From which you may gather that the house purchase, after several nasty hiccups, is progressing smoothly.
 
But this weekend I get off. Anne and I am going to Covent Garden Opera to see King Roger, complete with dinner in the restaurant there. We had thought of viewing the McQueen exhibition at the V&A in the afternoon but no tickets are available any time in May and availability is limited in June. Book now!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Pat, I hope you've been reading Alice Schlein's blog at http://weaverly.typepad.com/weaverly/ as she's undertaken a study of lampas in all its variations. You'll enjoy going back through the last few weeks of posts on the topic...

    Hope the rest of the house sale/moving project goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.