Friday 26 September 2014

Aland Island project


The spaced dyed warp on the Louet ready for sample weaving.

The sample weft knitting dyed. A different yarn must have been used for the start as it has dyed very bright and different. The colours are what I wanted though it could do with being a little darker. Just waiting for it is dry completely before unknitting it and weaving. Since I was working in the garage, I decided I would dye the white wool and silk I have. I was aiming at a pale violet and that's what I have got.

One important fact I have omitted from the blog is my affliction with sciatica. It was not very troublesome until last Sunday. When I reached home, a drive of 90 minutes after two days at the Show, I was crippled. I thought I would be better on Monday but not a bit of it. I spent the day limping very slowly round the house. Over the week I have taken it easy and cancelled everything which meant driving. By Wednesday I was reasonably okay. Today I had lunch out, visited the dentist, and B and Q, the DIY place, and the theatre. The result is a distinctly slowed up Pat.  Maybe the doctor will have something helpful to say on Monday.  Tomorrow I am driving to my daughter's which is about an hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.