Yesterday we had a great clean up in the studio, lots of dusting and polishing and putting things back in place. The lights are very good and I finished off these two books with Japanese style bindings in the evening. Both are A5 landscape and are covered back and front with silk paper. I am not at all sure how robust these covers will be.
This one will be robust however. It is A4 landscape. I have had this piece of printed cotton for some time and intended to cover a book with it. So I got round to pasting it to paper last Tuesday and here it is. Not sewn together yet, just waiting to dry.
At the bookbinding class yesterday, I sewed the children's book together. I rather hope it might be finished next week. Then after the half-term holiday, I will start making its box.
I decided not to put yarn on the shelves in the studio because it will all be re-arranged when the window-seats (which contain storage) are installed. The builder says about the third week of June. I am looking forward to getting rid of the current shambles which involves a huge pile of fabric/yarn/ribbon and paper on the floor upstairs.
Post a Comment