Monday 27 April 2015

Weaving Day

Saturday was a good day, lots of chat about weaving, admiration of people's weaving, discussion of plans, Guild and individual. We have decided to have a day in London , primarily for the Sonya Delaunay exhibition at Tate Modern. There was an inconclusive discussion on whether we should do another exhibition  or visit Handweavers Studio. The trouble with the last is that 12 enthusiastic weavers turn up at the same time, it brings the shop to its knees.
 
I got the Beiderwand threading half done and finished it off on Sunday. It is all ready to go.
 
The house move is progressing slowly, mostly throwing things out. My sister's is going faster but then the law is different - and faster in Scotland. So she is going to be homeless for four weeks and is coming to stay with me. The big problem is that 4 to 5 weeks is a long time and she needs to bring a lot with her! This has to include two large dogs and a cat.
 
The garden is putting on a fabulous show this year. Just saying goodbye to me.
 

Just a small selection from the photos I took this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.