The Megado warp is tied on and I checked for errors, of which I fear there are many. But all of one kind. In tying on, I was aware that, if I let my concentration go, I tied on the wrong colour. Out of 2200 threads there are 22 blue threads among the brown ones and not a single brown one amongst the blue. This means replacing all those threads. The dark brown is difficult to see and I need a whole day with bright sunlight. Today was no good, too much going on and I did a few other useful jobs.
Firstly I reviewed my presentation on Drafts for Beginners which I do once a year and it is on Saturday. I get the students to weave on prepared drafts with strips of paper and I had to check I had enough supplies for everyone. And remind myself of the talk itself. Now that's all done.
Then I did something about the fan reed. I cleared the Louet Kombo so that I could weave using the fan reed. But I needed to create a design. I turned out the stash and found some nice Tencel and wool/silk, both of which are about 8/2, set to on Excel to calculate the yarn needed and then drafted what I envisaged - which did work.
This does not show the Fan Reed effect. What will happen is that at the 'bulges', the little Huck pattern will appear. Each colour pattern has the correct number of warp threads to fit into the Fan reed repeat.
This is the warp. You can hardly see the dark forest green yarn (2 threads) at every colour junction. These will outline the bulges. As you can see, the warp has been wound. Tomorrow, I will warp up on the Kombo. I will be out at the Committee meeting in the afternoon so I guess, it will be Sunday before I start on replacing blue threads with brown ones on the Megado.