David Copperfield is completed - almost. When I looked at the photo, I realised that the split at the top of the spine shows up and could be easily caught and torn further. So Japanese paper will be applied.
I added Victorian style marbled paper as the endpapers. The original was very stained and faded plain blue and this marbled paper is from the right period (mid-Victorian) and is in keeping.
On Saturday I went to Kennet Valley Guild and we had a very entertaining talk about the history of knitting and knitting patterns. I am almost enticed into going back to knitting. I tried to find a pattern for knee high socks but the only ones I found were in Fair Isle which is not what I want. I want white socks with black clocks on the side. However the speaker gave me a website to look up such pattern so I shall try that.