Sunday 19 April 2015

Turin Day 3

This day we were driven up to a church.
Very grand and not at all bad from the outside but surprisingly dark and gloomy inside. If this were Germany, it would have been white and gold inside. 
We also viewed the mausoleum of the Kings of Italy. Oh well.
After that, we did have a treat. We went to the museum of the Agnellis, the Fiat dynasty. This is a very small gallery, beautifully designed to fit the few works of art in it. These were part of his collection and he left these ones to the city. Two Picassos, half a dozen Canalettos, two Matisses, two Futurists. Everything the very best of its kind.

In the evening we went out for a last dinner, very grand and in an ancient palace.
Comments? I won't be back. But it has been interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.