Wednesday 1 April 2015

Goodbye Malvern Hullo Reading

I have not bothered reciting the twists and turns of the months since October 2014. At that time, my sister and I decided we should sell our houses and buy one together. The new one was to be somewhere in the Reading area to be near where my weaving friends live and also convenient for my daughters. Well I have now sold the Malvern house and yesterday we had an offer accepted on a house in Reading. It has been quite difficult. We not only need space for us and visiting families but Megados, Louets and quilting tables, not to mention sewing machines and bookbinding tools. But this house has so many options that we are having no trouble fitting everything in. Move probably will take place in June. I have been throwing stuff out for the last few months. It is amazing what junk one keeps because it might come in handy. In other words, if you have the space (and we have cellars) you fill the space up! At the moment the garage is stuffed full of junk which is on its way to the tip.
 
I got Dorothy to fly down on Sunday and we drove to Reading on Monday and looked at houses. But now it is decided I have reams of paperwork to see to and also, much more important, I must finish what is on the Megado and will be on the Louet fan reed. I don't see why I cannot finish off a few projects while the lawyer's bill is increasing!
 
Back to textiles tomorrow.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.