Tuesday 7 April 2015

More on Palettes

Yesterday I realised that my 'favorites' list of two years ago had been overprinted. Fortunately I had saved it as a separate list so I have spent some time adding things to my current rather small list.

 
Here is the photo plus, above, the palette generated. The green looks quite vibrant in the photo but not at notable in the palette. Nevertheless interesting.
 
I have done various bits of bookbinding today. They should be completed tomorrow and be ready for a photo shoot.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful detail I the photograph. What do you use to generate the palette?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular one was done using
    https://bighugelabs.com/colors.php

    But I think there are several more which use different inputs. I use this because it allows input from Dropbox and all my photos and files are on Dropbox.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.