Thursday 9 April 2015

Finishing Books

I have been finishing off two books while hanging about waiting for people, house surveyors, removal estimators, lawyers.
 
This is a large album. Lots of guard pages and so lots of space for insertions. It was bound in library style and has bookcloth on the spine and Malaysian paper on the rest of the album. The decorated paper is quite odd as it is printed cotton mounted on paper. I have acquired quite a few sheets of it.
This has a two piece cover with brown bookcloth on the spine and a cotton/silk ikat from Uzbekistan on the covers. It is not quite dry hence the slightly creased look. When totally dry, it will shrink and  pull all the creases out. The paper is Khadi paper with deckled edges.
 
In between times I am filling up forms about this house and deciding what is going and what stays. Tomorrow I am off to a spa with the other females of my family. Grand-daughters are ecstatic. At last they are old enough to come. I go straight from there to Italy, Genoa and Turin and a week. All very cultural and I will blog from there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.