Monday 28 June 2010

The Weekend

The trip to Spetchley Gardens on Saturday went off very well. We had time to visit the swamp cypress with its multiple knees sticking out of the water. The only slight defect wa that the cafe only does drinks and cake and I was counting on a ham roll for lunch. So we had cake for lunch. Laura and Tom (the eldest grandson) appeared in the late afternoon and we had a substantial dinner in the evening.

On Sunday morning, we did a large number of odd jobs which I cannot manage on my own. These were

1) thin the fruit on the peach tree. This requires a ladder and it is better with someone else around to dial 999 if needed.
2) get Tom to drill holes in Michael's wall to put up a shelf on which to display caladiums.
3) Supply everyone with coffee, tea, biscuits etc. By this time Anne and her family had arrived


4) Have Derek (son-in-law) stand at the top of the step ladder holding 'Frijoles Creek Remembered' above his head so I could see if it hung straight before parcelling it up for Convergence. It does.
5) crawl round the floor to pin up Anne's new outfit. It has to be shortened by 1.5 inches by next Saturday.

By this time it was midday and all eight of us went to the Cottage in the Woods for lunch. It is very high on the hills and has spectacular views across the Vale of Evesham. So we sat outside for drinks and then went inside. A good time was had by all. Michael survived well but retired at 1600 hours and slept for several hours.

Now I must go and get on with my white silk jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.