Thursday 24 June 2010

Clematis































There are a lot of clematis(es?) in our garden. I showed Markham's Purple through the office window. This is a much better plant all round 'The Vagabond' which is by our front door.
The flowers are six to seven inches across. I do like them opulent and vulgar - and single, not double.

We have a range of clematis running from armandii, the thug, which flowers in January through to herbaceous ones which flower until late August. The thug is particularly thuggish this year and will have to be hacked back by someone on a ladder. So it will be done tomorrow. I will take before and after pictures.

I have sewn up one handspun cushion and felted the other two. When they are dried and round a cushion, I will take some photos. This morning's job is to tidy up in what is called the music room (it once had a piano in it). Michael wants to go back to water colours and my projects have expanded to occupy all available (and unavailable) space. So this needs re-organising by coffee time. So far I have wound a skein of dyed wool into balls and put away the skein and ball winders. If I am honest, all I have done so far is shift a lot of stuff on to the upstairs floor. And that was looking quite tidy too! I see I still have not put away the textiles I took to the London Guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.