Thursday 10 June 2010

Handspun cushions (5)

Not a good photo. These marbled papers arrived today - bought from someone in Canada via etsy. The ribbon also arrived so that is everything delivered.

The three cushions of handspun are finished and off the loom along with a substantial sample which I will cut off and test for felting. I can get four pieces out of it and can treat each one differently.

Linda Scurr suggested I make a list of UFOs (nice phrase that), decide on priorities and then do one UFO, one new project until done. I don't know about that. I can add new projects faster than the speed of light. What I have done is to prioritise and may get some projects finished in the next ten days. I have doen a good job upstairs. The floor is visible and the drawers are filled and labelled. I still have three empty drawers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.