Sunday 20 June 2010

The view from the office window. Clematis to the left is Markham's Purple, to the right is Freckles - but it flowers in February. On the desk are two uncompleted sudokus, the paperwork for my Convergence entry and the Wake Robin paper. 

The Convergence piece is ready, nylon organza applied to the top and hemmed to give a 3 inch deep pocket for suspension, the bottom hand hemmed. The first time for a long time I have basted a hem before hand sewing!! Then ironed, rolled over two cardboard cylinders and put into a stout cylinder. Tomorrow I will call DHL and discuss shipping.

I was going to apply a fused lining to my white silk before cutting  the coat out but the iron has become impossible. I know I have misused it by ironing all sorts of strange things, paints glue etc without due care. So I have ordered a new one from John Lewis and will keep the current one for ironing paint glue etc!! The iron will not come till Wednesday so I will do some odd jobs today.

Starting by wheeling Michael outside for coffeee as it is a glorious day.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.