Monday 21 June 2010

4 hole Binding



















The book with felted covers has morphed into the above which is much more elegant. The contents are blue lokta paper plus blue mulberry paper. The outer cover is red Canson on 2mm greyboard with Japanese Yazen paper on the cover's inside and on the front cover where the Japanese would have put a title strip. Rabbits in white and gold prancing all over the paper - the Japanese think rabbits are lucky.

Today I had to take the car to have its air-conditioning fixed. The garage gave me a replacement car but that meant four trips up and down the motorway through Worcester to Droitwich.  At the end of the afternoon, I dropped by Hobbycrafts in Droitwich to pick up some more lokta paper. There was none. I did also want to buy some more Yazen paper, yes I got it at Hobbycrafts! But the price has increased from 90p for an A4 sheet to £1.70 a sheet so I passed on that. I have sourced some lokta (Great Art) and am happy about that. But I must find a source of Yazen. I could do with  some larger sheets anyway. 

I spent a long time ironing the devore sample today and it worked very nicely. The cloth has been washed and is drying now. I will report further tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.