Friday 16 May 2014

Home Again

We flew home to Stansted on Wednesday and I drove to Ruth's house, stayed the night and was on the road home by 0630 on Thursday. Lots of washing and tidying up but mostly dealing with a talk on Acid dyeing that I am giving to Hants Guild on Saturday. I had the Powerpoint presentation ready but was undecided about the demos. This bothered me so much that I consulted with my sister, Dorothy, in Dundee. What was bothering me most is that I was told there could be 40 or more people there and how can you demonstrate to so many people? The final arrangement is that I take a series of photos of the procedure and include these in the talk, then do a hands-on at the end of the talk. So I had to wind a warp last night and at 0800 hours, I was in the garage dyeing and photoing. It is all done and written up.
Final result. The wool is Hampshire spun by Lesley Dunn and the warp was chained tightly. Now I have to wind a warp ready for the demo tomorrow.

In between I inspected the garden. I have missed a single peony on my new tree peony. But all the other peonies are still out. The vegetables are coming along nicely and the radishes and spring onions are ready for eating.
A pink trillium!

And my bougainvillea on the patio. This has spent the winter in Ruth's conservatory and came home yesterday. She and Robin are quite smitten with it so I have bought them one.

I have answered lots of emails but, if you have not had an answer, I will be doing the rest on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.