Tuesday 16 July 2013

Tidying Up

Having spent all last week wevaing and the weekend gallivanting, I had to spend yesterday tidying up. This involved all sorts of jobs but mostly answering letters and emails and putting things away and I did put away this.

These are not quilting cottons but heavy duty union from the local curtain shop. I was in there buying thread and cotton tape for my jacket, it being the best haberdashery in the district, when I spotted these and thought they would make first rate book covers. My only worry is about the houses fabric. The book will have to be quite large to show off the fabric well. I am part way through binding two books at the moment but everything has been put aside for the Chanel jacket course at the end of this week. One good thing about Gill Arnold's courses is that I know I will come home on Sunday with the jacket all but finished. So next week I have plans for a bookbinding blitz. But I have to say that, in looking for some wool yarn to finish the fabric weaving, I found a large bag of handspun which has been natural dyed. None of the colours are in your face but they are quite varied from a lime green to darkish brown. There is not much of each, about 50 grams,  but quite a lot in all and I think a few checked scarves would be a good thing. They would be quite masculine. 

Today however I still have some tidying up to do and I have to iron and line all the fabric I washed last Saturday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.