- dyeing Madi's skeins to various shades of indigo blue by varying the number of times each skein is dipped
- dyeing some skeins of wool/silk in violet dye and finishing off space dyeing a section of that warp in a darker shade of violet
- trying out some black Procion dyes on cotton fabric. The last time I got a dark grey which was quite attractive but I really wanted black so on Thursday I shall start by dyeing small pieces of cotton in each of the three different blacks I have and then try a larger piece using the best of them
- trying out colours and dyeing times for some samples of fleece and handspun. This is preparation for the re-enactment of 'The Weaving of the Newbury Coat' which happened in 1811 and was the result of a wager between two Newbury men. Could a coat be made in 24 hours starting from the sheep? It could. So the Guild is going to do it again.
- I would like to weave a pattern of fishes in Summer and Winter using space dyed yarn. So I will be doing that as well.
- dyeing some skeins of wool two colours of yellow. I am preparing for weaving my yellow scarf for the October Exhibition at Greenham. I am also going to do a yellow scarf in lace weave as the improvers in the Guild weaving course are all doing lace weave this year. And I don't see why the tutors can't join in.
This all adds to my list of projects. Derek (son-in-law) produced a cookery book on Sunday which is falling apart. Could I do anything about it? Well I can try.