Tuesday 25 January 2011

Dorothy's Suggestions

What would we do without Photoshop? My sister, Dorothy thought the problem with the Doilies piece was that it was too heavy in the centre. Why not cut it up and re-arrange the pieces? Quilters do that all the time. 


With the aid of Photoshop I tried it out. Definitely an improvement.










Slice it up and shuffle the slices up and down. No way. Still heavy in the middle.




















I tried this out with different colours of background and with shuffling the slices around. Maybe.

But I quite like the first one. I am well and truly out of my comfort zone here. I will consult with the tutor on Friday.









I have finished my lace samples and washed one piece - the lower one in photo on the left. Because the yarn was dyed by me, most of the shrinkage has happened already. The appearance of the  lace has not changed much. There are three patterns in the bottom one and two in the top.  I have already woven more than 12 inches on the scarf itself.

This afternoon I am taking Michael to see the BBC Wildlife Photography Exhibition at Twigworth which is just north of Gloucester.

2 comments:

  1. I love this very creative solution to a design problem. The first rearrangement is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I look at it, the more I like it. It is like looking through foliage. I have slightly re-arranged it on Photoshop so it looks even better. Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.