Thursday 25 September 2014

Great British Bake Off

This is definitely my not-to-be-missed programme. Which is why I was so worked up about having a nonfunctioning TV and so pleased it is now much better than it was. And I have found a local TV repair man.

I forgot to say that the electricians gave a clean bill to all the power installations but a distinct thumbs down to some of the lighting circuits. So it is to be put right. Oh well. No more yarn purchases till next year.

The tweed for Anne's jacket is drying nicely. It had been taken off the roller, towels removed , the fabric reversed and rolled up with new dry towels. On Friday I will iron on the fusible lining. That will take some time. There is a lot of yardage.

The Ă…land Islands warp is half way through the sleying. It is lovely stuff and the colours are great.

I had an inspection of fabric this morning and was a bit shocked. I found several lengths which I do not remember buying or had forgotten about. In particular I found five yards of high class blue silk which I bought in Stockholm some years ago as a lining. When I got it home and realised just how much I had paid for it, I used something cheaper. Recently I looked for it to give to Ruth but failed to find it. I also found some lovely fabric which I must have bought to make into a tablecloth. I do not remember buying it but it is lovely. And then there is the green cotton I bought to go with some batik fabric and that was bought in 2008! And so on. And I found two warps and a pile of white M&S Tshirts. I have sorted it out. But I must make a few of these things up. In the immediate future, I will continue warping up the Louet with the Aland wool.

 

1 comment:

  1. Its nice to find unexpected things. I am enjoying discovering your blog. I am a stitcher, quilter and bit of a knitter....about to buy my first small loom as weaving is calling to me since seeing some beautiful 19th century woven counterpanes in Bolton.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.