Friday, 14 March 2014
I put 11 metres of sage green 90/2 silk on the Megado months ago and have got out of it
- samples of donsu for the Fine Threads Group - about 40
- a couple of metres of copper/green fabric to make a waistcoat
- samples of donsu (different from the first lot) to send to the Japanese Textile Study Group
- a length using turned four colour doubleweave with a 30/2 silk weft to be used for the book cover
- yards and yards in silk noil weft for Convergence using the same draft
- another couple of yards for I know not what
Not at all bad for a 32 shaft straight draw.
Yesterday we both went to Dudley to an MTF meeting. Dorothy took some of her quilts and ended up in another room chatting to an avid quilter. On the way home we diverted to Wolverhampton (five minutes from Dudley) and I drove a new car home. So now a silver Mondeo is sitting on the forecourt - 27 days after swamping the Saab.
The other piece of news is that my entry for yardage at Convergence has been accepted. I was suprised. I thought it was not in-your-face enough. Cally Booker has also had hers accepted. So great rejoicing in the family.
- ► 2017 (105)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (117)
- ▼ March (8)
- ► 2013 (182)
- ► 2012 (138)
- ► 2011 (172)
- ► 2010 (247)
- I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.