Saturday 18 August 2012

Throw is finished

This week I sorted out the multicoloured throw - that is what the yardage has turned into. I cut the piece in half, aligned the patterns, very carefully hand sewed the edges together, then straightened up the ends, zigzag stitched them and applied satin ribbon. This meant machine the ribbon to one side and hand stitch the other. So that is one entry for the Royal Berkshire Show finished. I am going to enter a jacket but need to get it cleaned first.

I have been to London this week. I took up two of Michael's viols to the Early Music Shop with Rosie Price's help and then we visited the Drawing exhibition at the Courtauld Gallery - very fine. We took in the Handweavers Studio and admired all the woven works on the wall and purchased a few things. By this time, it was time to go home and we had not managed lunch so patronised Yo Sushi at Paddington Station. In the evening we went to Moulsford and chatted to other textiley people, sorted out the world, the Guild, Linda's new polytunnel.

I am off to a one-day book binding class today. It is in Ma\lvern but as soon as it is finished I am going to visit my daughter in Sunningdale. To work!! She wants a lot of pruning done in their rented harden. It looks as though noone has touched it for 3 years. I am going on teh roses and the espalier apple tree. So The tools are all packed ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.