Wednesday, 20 January 2010
- a close-up of stonework at the Frank Lloyd Wright campus at Lakeland
- a picture of the seaway at Tampa
- some purple flowers a bit like convolvulus down by the waterside
- picture of the city at sunset from our hotel room
The text is a bit jokey. If you can read it, every line has a question mark at the end. And each line is a named variety of caladium! Michael, giving his opinion from his sickbed, thought this idea was quite horrible. One of the photos I had to ditch was of my sister, Dorothy, and myself with milk shakes. the text said 'Florida Sweetheart? Miss Muffet?'
I had intended to make two copies today but the Inkjet has run low on ink. I have ordered some more. I have also cleaned the Inkjet printer but it has not improved dark duplex printing. My solution - replace the dark photos - has worked!!
- ► 2017 (88)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (117)
- ► 2014 (181)
- ► 2013 (182)
- ► 2012 (138)
- ► 2011 (172)
- Sunday Tidy-Up Day
- Waffle Weave (3)
- Back to the Bookbinding Class
- Waffle Weave (2)
- Double Cloth Scarf based on Black Jack (2)
- Double Cloth Scarf based on Black Jack
- Caladium Book
- More Snow
- Tidying Up
- No Snow!!
- More and more snow
- Still on Rainbow
- Binding Rainbow
- Snow! (and Binding 'Rainbow')
- Printing 'Rainbow'
- Bah Humbug
- ▼ January (17)
- I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.