Tuesday 2 June 2015

Two metres woven

I can weave about 0.25 m on the Megado in an hour and then knock off to do something else. I have done a lot but there is more to do. In the meantime we took a trip to Redditch yesterday to see the Lace exhibition at the Needle Forge Museum. Very good too.

 

Apart from textiles, we wait (not too patiently) for our vendors to do something. Apparently they are in France which accounts for the total lack of response. We are going there to measure up on Thursday. I had a bad moment last night. I carefully enlarged the floorplan  and printed it on an A3 sheet. Equally careful measurement showed that the original floorplan was not at all like the quoted dimensions. So a great deal of calculation and checking to get it correct. I had to scale up one dimension by 30%. But we are going to have to remeasure a couple of rooms ourselves to make sure we can get in the furniture we want to. Of course the Megado is the biggest problem (in all senses!). Dorothy has suggested we cut out a paper template of the needed area for the Megado and take it with us on Thursday. The one thing there is lots of in this house is large sheets of paper!
 
We are very much living in limbo and Dorothy is very fed-up because all her 'stuff' is in store and she is bored with nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.