Thursday 1 January 2015

Next

I have eaten too much but I have also walked although this morning the temperature was -6 degrees. We went into central Dundee on Saturday and visited two of my favourite people.

Desperate Dan from the Beano
and one of his horrible little friends. You can see how loved they are by the polish on the bronze. Dundee is the home of the Beano and the City Fathers put these statutes up some years ago. They are life sized.

We went out to lunch and I could not resist taking a photo of Dorothy's pudding. I did steal a marshmallow. It is cold up here, definitely hot water bottle country. I am reading lots of thrillersd but also thinking about textiles. I must have trawl through unfinished projects when I get home. Two new projects have appeared already. Dorothy has found a very tatty book of SEAC cartoons. SEAC = South East Asian Commando = Burma War in 1940s and it was my father's book. I have undertaken to rebind it. Also an astonishing Christmas present was two Victorian leather bound books in need of some TLC!!
 
This was written on 29th December in Dundee but the iPad was not playing and so I had to rescue the blog on my desktop.
 
In actual fact I am now back home tidying up and deciding what to do next.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.