Thursday 29 January 2015

More on the Malory

Putting leather bindings on a book takes a long time. I have at last finished one volume of Malory.

Here is a view of the endpapers. The leather for the other volume is all ready and the covers are laced on. I hope to finish it off next week.
 
Today and yesterday I have an exhaustive and exhausting blitz on the weaving records. I have even cross-referenced the samples which are too big to go into A4 plastic envelopes and be included in the file. I have spent the time since lunchtime in a chair in the sittingroom, toying with the idea of getting on with the Megado but no. I have done another couple of small jobs and now intend to finish off on the Louet Kombo and put another scarf on. Wool and silk mix, space dyed by me and intermingled with stripes of blue with a plain blue weft.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.