I finished off the mudflats on the Megado yesterday and wove a few rows of triangles. The warp is 90/2 silk and the weft is 30/2 silk. The other side is reversed but I think this looks better. I have about 0.75 m of warp left - enough to make a bag for the National Exhibition.
I have used very little of the Japanese gold yarn. It is all a bit slow. And laying in the yarn so that the gold is uppermost is difficult. I discovered the secret is to lay in the yarn, change sheds and then beat because that traps the gold yarn right way up. I can't see me hurrying to do this again. Especially as I have 4 yards of Theo Moorman technique to do now!