Thursday 29 August 2013

San Camp Third Day

Last evening we went quad biking on the salt pans. Very exciting and especially when the stars came out- Milky Way and all. There is nothing out there. No noises, no vegetation, no insects which is a plus. This morning we looked at more meerkats.

And saw a very old baobab said to be more than 5000 years old because it has started shrinking.

Livingstone carved his sign on it as he passed by. Anne and Alex went out in the heat of the day because the lioness had been sighted and saw her eating her kill. I opted out. It was too hot outside and I was very comfortable.

I have taken a lot of photos of trees here. Most look dead and are waiting for the rains but there are a number of thorny shrubs which are carrying flowers like mimosa. But note the thorns which are two to three inches long.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.