Tuesday 25 June 2013

Roses

The bourbon roses are out.





































I even managed to sit beside the roses in the garden this morning which shows how warm it has become. I did some gardening, staking plants and young trees and pruning the tree paeonies. I missed so much this year, all the paeonies, camellias and the magnolia. It was the wrong time of year to go away for so long.
 
At present I am still tidying up computers which all takes a very long time. One of my problems that I have no record of the serial nos of some of the software and have had to go out and buy Acrobat again. I have a working and legal copy of Powerpoint so that has saved a lot of money. What I still need to do is rationalise the files, especially the photos between Dropbox and Web Albums. I like Web Albums (aka Picasa) because I can write comments against each photo if I want to and that is much quicker than going in Photoshop and writing text on the picture itself. But I reckon I need two days completely clear to do that and I have other things to do.
 
You will note the lack of comment about textiles. I am currently weaving the donsu with the textured pattern in green and gold. I am using a doubled 70/2 silk in the weft which is not perfect but I am using it up fast and I do not have enough to do a complete waistcoat. By not thinking about it for several days, I have thought of a way to use what I have woven plus another length which will be done in 30/2 silk. I have to decide what colour to get and who to get it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.