Friday 29 March 2013


Today is blue skies and sunshine but still the temperature is below freezing and there is snow about. I inspected the garden this morning. We won't be having any peaches this year. The peach blossom started three weeks ago and never got a chance. The hellebores are looking very unhappy. Clematis Armandii, our thug, is paying no attention and is covered with flowers. Mind you, that is in a sheltered corner by the sittingroom window - and a robin pair are nesting in it this year. He's been carrying twigs bigger than himself into the leaves for several days. Most of the daffodils are looking unhappy but the above are not. They are some dwarf variety and are looking good which is cheering. The early camellia, Cornish Snow, usually starts flowering in December and goes through till March. Not this  year. It hasn't bothered starting and it is covered with flower buds as are all the camellias. 
 
I may not see them year. I am off in a few weeks time and spent yesterday on the web sorting out a visa for China. Next week I am taking all the documents up to Manchester to finalise the Chinese visa. My passport is plastered with strange documents - visas in strange languages. And the house is full of lists of things to do, things to buy, things to arrange.  My daughter, Ruth, is here over Easter and we will do some arranging then. I think she would like to come but seven weeks is too long for her job. Anyway Silk Route here I come!! I do intend to blog while away. My attitude to the blog is that it is like a diary only anyone can read it. It is surprising how often I look for a specific mention of something in order to fix a date.
 
I still have a few things to sort on the computers but intend to wind more warp on the Megado as a priority today. Which reminds me, I dreamt of looms and warps last night. Very odd. There were two large looms, one was the Megado and the other was more like a drawloom. Both were warped up for the Convergence 2010 piece!! The mind is very funny thing - am I worrying about a warp?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.