Monday 11 March 2013

Camera Progress

II am rather pleased with this photo taken at last week's camera class. Firstly it is taken on macro and secondly it really is this browny-pink colour. When I took it on Auto, the colour of the flower spike came out sky-blue. The correct colour arrived when I experimented with the White Balance. When I started the camera course, I did not know I had an adjustment for White Balance - or indeed many of the things like F no, exposure and ISO number. One reason for attending the class was to decide whether I needed to buy a posher camera before this summer's expeditions. The answer is that I shan't bother. I won't want to carry around anything heavier anyway.

One result is that taking photos of textiles has become a more time-consuming business as I experiment with the camera settings.
 
 
 Last week I tidied up the studio ready for my grandson to stencil on a couple of T-shirts on Sunday. And I managed to weave to the end of the samples for the Complex Weavers Study Group on Tied Weaves. The above shows the use of different yarns.  I am pleased to be working on the Megado now which is going well but not much of interest is showing yet. I will be weaving some more today so should be able to post a photo tomorrow.

Much of my time in the last few days has been spent dealing with computers. I have got all the photos which Michael set up, on to web storage and put most of mine on to Dropbox. Also I have saved all the old emails I want to keep. I think that is the Linux machines dealt with and I could switch them off but will leave them another week or so. I still have files to be web stored  which are currently on a failing Microsoft machine. I reckon it will be another week or so before I have done as I have decided to restrict myself to 2 or 3 hours per day on this task. Soon I will have to start a hunt for the master CDs  so that I can install the basic programs on the one machine which is functioning properly.

Fortunately the laptop is okay. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.