Tuesday 31 May 2011

Bark Again

This is the piece of bark complete with tiny beads sewn on. The beads are quite glittery and look much better in reality. The glitter does not show up well in the photo.

That was about the only piece of textile I touched yesterday. The day was devoted to paperwork and accounts. Today I have to go and fight with Barclays Bank who have been telling lots of people that I am dead. This has two effects (apart from depressing me). The first is that they have returned all money to my pension providers so there's no money coming in and the second is that the said pension providers have been writing to my executors offering condolences and demanding to see my death certificate.

A telephone call resulted in a man called Richard (sounded very Indian to me) who did not/could not help. I rather think I may be changing my bank. However the first thing to do is to get them to cancel the fact that I am dead. I could do without this. One death in the family is quite enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.