Saturday 19 February 2011

Blog Peekers

At the moment I seem more interested in my to-do list than what I have done in the last few days. Partly because a lengthy trip to Worcester Royal on Friday afternoon so that Michael can have his monthly transfusion of Zoladronic Acid has driven previous events out of my mind. I did get to my class on Friday morning and spent the time seeing what happened to the colours of transfer dyes. I was trying to put green leaves and flowers on to a red background but they turned out mauve (see below). So that's put paid to that idea. Annette, the tutor, thinks I would have to applique leaf shapes in dark green cotton to get the effect I want. I have prepared two pieces of red  background stamped with the Paisley pattern wood block so I still have one piece untouched. Some time this weekend I will look for green cotton in the stash.


The most important job today is to survey what has been done in the way of indigo dyeing and work out what needs to be done tomorrow.  And send off the Shuttle to the printer. That's the Kennet Valley Guild Newsletter. It is all done and Michael proofread it on Thursday. I will read it through one last time and email it off. 

The reason for the title is that I discovered last night that the Google has a blog  visitor counter and was a bit flabbergasted by the range - and number - of  visitors. They tell you what country too and provide a map of the world. UK and USA and Canada I can understand but Argentina and India! And a few from Pakistan. I was looking at the summary of a week and I suppose it only takes one person in Pakistan to look up the blog every second day or so to rack up the sort of numbers Pakistan has.  I am flattered in one way but hope they are looking at other (better) people's blogs - Daryl Lancaster, Elizabeth Barton. I particularly like Elizabeth Barton's for her discussions of what an artist is up to.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.