Sunday 12 December 2010

Christmas Cards

I finished weaving the Christmas cards yesterday and got the warp cut off and tidied up. I assembled 10 of the cards, wrote them up and sealed them yesterday  but did the rest today. All written and addressed, the last parcels wrapped in coloured paper and then brown paper. Everything ready for a massive onslaught on the Post Office at 9 o'clock tomorrow.

It was only this morning that I realised that it was not immediately obvious which way to open the card so I hunted round the house and found a stamp saying 'Season's Greetings' plus four different colours of ink pad (I wonder what they were bought for?). That solved the problem. There were over 50 cards this year. I also found time to go to Marks and Spencers and buy some more (the last) Christmas presents and some clothes for my two-day old great-niece, Ruby Iona, who lives in Glasgow. 

And in the last hour I have started Mola Work on the calico bag I have screen printed.  Can't think of any thing else I have done today but I do feel as though I have worked a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.