Wednesday 17 March 2010

Progress

I am progressing with the threading up and have completed four of the five sections. It goes fastest when I can do it between 1100 and 1600 hours because then the loom room is flooded with light. But nothing can be done today. This morning has been full of visits from a district nurse, an appointment at the bank, picking up prescriptions and doing food shopping for the next few days. And it has not got to lunch time yet! 



I have my bookbinding class this afternoon and hope to get started on the Coptic Binding. The covers have been prepared from the Christmas present paper from Kuala Lumpur. The inside of the cover was padded with card in the centre and then covered with a plain green Ingres paper which is a good match to the green in the cover paper. I still have not managed to produce acceptable end papers for Omar Khayyam.  I am putting that project on hold while I think of a solution. I am probably going to abandon using my own end papers.


I have managed to write an article for Complex Weavers Journal on the various double stitched cloths and sent it off. Oh and one other thing.  'Reflections' has been accepted for the Association's Exhibition in Mansfield Museum. I have found a suitable piece of wood in the cellar to hang it from and have till April 1st or so to get it hemmed washed, ironed and the hanging organised.

2 comments:

  1. As ever - facinating! You'll be please to know the warp is at last through the heddles! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on having Reflections accepted. Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.