Friday 26 March 2010

Coptic Book 2

Here are the covers prepared for Coptic Book 2. The inside cover paper is handmade paper with flowers in it. The cover paper came from Fibrecrafts but I rather think the handmade 'flowers' paper came from Hobbycraft. This weekend I am having a day out at the NEC visiting the Stitching for Pleasure show (and taking in the Hobbies Show at the same time). One of the entries on my shopping list is paper. Others are buttonhole twist (and Oliver Twist's stand if present), button stands, cotton fabric. And books.

These are the paper sheets for the inside of Coptic Book 2, all folded, edges trimmed and pressed. Each signature has a reinforcing fold of handmade paper, four inches wide which gives a two inch edge on each side. This is going to be a good book to glue pictures into.

These jobs were all done yesterday and now I am waiting for a book on Coptic Binding to arrive. I want to do one of the fancier sorts of stitching.

Today is textile day. I have revamped the draft for Michael's enamels and it all looks good. I have a sample piece which will go in the bin when it comes off the loom. Next I want to weave a proper sample with Michael's painted mount board cut up into 70 mm squares.

I have ironed 'Reflections' and bondawebbed the nylon organza to 4.5 inches at the top, turned it over and hemmed, hemmed the bottom and now I need to saw my piece of wood to the right length. But I think I am stopping for tea first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.