Tuesday 13 February 2018

Photography

I have problems with my photographic course. I do not understand what the exercises mean. So each exercise is read through about four times and even then I am often unsure. Anyway the second assignment went through without the tutor throwing a tantrum because of this awful student. I am nearly at the end of the third section and, after a week of hard reading, I think I know what I have to do.

As light relief, I went to a bookbinding (Japanese) class last Saturday (see below) and stayed with Anne overnight. A bit of forethought there. I 'persuaded' her to act as a model for two exercises, then spent Sunday writing them up.


We made two books with quite different sewing techniques, one have never seen before.


And I have got the Schacht in complete order, woodscrews not longer slightly rusty and from my garage, back beam held down firmly. As a result, I have wound a warp, put it on, threaded it and have half sleyed it. I hope to finish tomorrow.

The one thing I have not managed to do is any gardening. Every  occasion when I have time to garden, it is raining. Things are getting urgent and I may just have to get wet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.