Wednesday 12 April 2017

Nothing on any loom

There is nothing on any of my three looms. I need to think about winding a long warp and am procrastinating. This topic seems to be everywhere this week. Tien Chui has identified procrastination as being caused by a problem which you do not want to face. Oh well! Might as well confess. The next Megado warp is 12 yards long double cloth 40 inches wide and of 2 colours in each face . But one yarn is actually a mixture of six different colours. I have not started winding a warp yet. I would like to have it done by next Thursday when I leave for a Greek island.

I am going on a photography course in Milos with Jacqui Hirst. And having two days in Athens to start. So I have spent time finding out if my camera when in Greece is covered by our household insurance. It is.

Most of my time lately has been spent getting ready for Berkshire Open Studios, sewing on labels, making cards from my linocuts, deciding what to submit for the exhibition which is at Greenham Common Art  Centre starting 29th April till May 21st. I might point out that I get back from Greece late on April 28th!
Market at Wokingham. My favorite stall

Buying apples
Signs of spring are everywhere. A baby rowan tree. Two foot now. It will be 20 foot high in a few years and covered with rowans in autumn.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.