Saturday 25 February 2017

Courses and so on

Last weekend, the Guild held a two day weaving course on Colour and Weave. It was run as a round robin and the biggest headache was at Sunday lunch time when I attempted to produce a time table for the afternoon so that everyone got access to the looms they had not woven on. I failed of course but it was nearly okay. I am taking my loom in to a weaving meeting today so that the last two people can weave their samples on it.

Now that the length on the Megado is finished, I started on the bomber jacket of blue/brown tweed. I have got as far as I can but am now waiting for a zip  to complete it. I ordered when according to the pattern when I started but had not read the pattern them and have actually shortened the body by an inch and a half! So the bought zip is too long. As it is one of these separating types, it cannot be shortened. I hope it comes in time for me to complete the jacket before next weekend. I am off to India then and will have forgotten the details of the jacket by the time I get back.
Because of the India trip, I am not setting out to warp up anything on the Megado and, in any case, I must finish what is on the Louet Kombo next. Projects for that loom are backing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.