Sunday 8 June 2014

Chicago Skyscrapers

Yesterday we spent all day walking. All morning looking at Chicago skyscrapers and the afternoon in the Art Gallery.

An early department store

Decorated thus!

Everywhere glass buildings with reflections of other buildings

Mies van der Rohe

No idea which one this is.

Inside one skyscraper, the central courtyard

More

Art Deco light fixture

The Gehry pavilion on the lake front

After 100 photos of buildings, I took a few in the Art Gallery. I looked at the Asian art and contemporary art. The textile galleries were all closed for renovation. Going by the other galleries, they would have been interesting. Nothing but the very best for Chicago. This is a lacquer Chinese box.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.