I have pasted the last few fabrics onto paper for next Sunday except that the arabesques (lower right) is for a cased-in book for me and will not be going to the class!
I have started on making a book guide, wood sawed up and sanded, first pieces glued and clamped. I have been meaning to make one of these for about a year and I am glad I have got round to it. It does make things easier.
I went to the bookbinding class yesterday and continued with paring bits of leather - and not making a good job of it. These are only practice pieces but all the same - - the level is terrible. I was sitting there gloomily wondering what to do about it all. So much effort (three weeks worth) and nothing to
show for it. And even if the leather was alright, I still have to do the tooling for the title and author. Then a Eureka moment. If I were to dye some calico black and red and use a discharge process or possibly wax, I could get back to a a shape in white on black and then I could have a Thermofax made with lettering in Photoshop andscreen print the title and author. The graphics on the left are a first stab at seeing what it might look like.
Michael thinks the font for the title is awful. I don't (AND IT'S MY BOOK) so it stands. To start with, I will space dye some calico in black and red and try a discharge process.