I have been playing around with disperse dyes. This book has covers which are on Fast2Fuse which takes fabric on both sides. So the front and back are of similar designs done in disperse dyes and the inside of the covers is cut from some Procion dyed cotton.
The covers are sturdy enough for this size book (130 by 130 mm) but, in future, I would do the front in the same way I do covers of grey board, that is, have a gap of 5 mm in the cover for the 'hinge'. Okay though.
I have used disperse dyes before on wool (no use), silk (a bit pale), and cotton (also a bit pale.). On polycotton, the colours are in your face! I was so taken by the effect that I printed large paisley pattern outlines on another piece of polycotton where the Procion dyes did not work at all well. I have been working on these 'Paisleys' with dyed ribbon, machine stitching and anything else I can find. I will show these when I have completed them all. I could do with conquering soluble fabric.
I have washed, pressed and trimmed the fringe of the 5-section acid dyed scarf. It is entered at the Newbury Show this weekend as are two handspun cushions. I love this Show and enjoy demonstrating there no end.
My purple wool skeins are all dry and I must go and wind a warp.