Sunday 20 December 2009

Anne and the Weather

Anne and family escaped from Dover. She said the motorways are closed around there as the police are using it as a lorry park. They made it to Portsmouth in plenty of time and were very pleased I had suggested a cabin as the children fell on the bunks and went to sleep immediately. They booked a hotel in Caen - again the wonders of the Internet. The only problem is that the Sunday forecast for France is dreadful. I am glad I am not going anywhere this Christmas.

Yesterday I got up to 26 sections of threading and propose to do at least 2 before breakfast. I will make a cup of tea first.

I 'wrote' the first verse on the front end-paper - quite pleasing but not entirely happy about the font. This is the only cursive font Photoshop has.














While doing the grocery run, I chewed over the back end-papers and wondered about this. Not sure and I think the wineglass photo needs replacing. I have no doubt Michael would drink a glass of red wine for me to photograph! Certainly it is more in keeping with the front paper. I think I shall use some variant of this.

The almond parfait is made as is the pheasant pate and the sausage meat. I must turn out the spare room today and finish wrapping the presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.