Sunday 28 April 2019

Photography Course

I attended a photography course at the Nature Reserve in Thatcham yesterday. Okay but very windy  which made things difficult. Exposure liable to be wrecked by the camera moving. Quite cold.  I must have walked several miles ( 4 or 5) and found I was stiff by nine pm! Lots of ducklings to see. Actually not a lot of different species of bird. The birds on the main lake were mallards, tufted ducks, Canada geese (not a lot of them) and moorhens. In the reed beds there were birds singing but nothing visible.

But lots of ducklings.


 With one duck in attendance. There were three more ducklings over to the left. What on earth was she doing with 16 ducklings?

There were two or three mixed blood ducks were amongst the other mallards. Clearly thought they were mallards and hung out with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.